Lucknow bank officer kills wife, daughter; shoots at self, son
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
Singh's brother-in-law K Singh, who reached the spot, saw all four family members lying in pools of blood. "One could not look at them. We just covered them with clothes and carried them to the ambulance," he said.
He said Niharika had studied till Class XII only, while Nishant had completed his B Tech from Pune and was currently preparing for his MBA entrance examination. He said Singh had obtained a gun license as he was working with a bank and often supervised transfer of cash. Besides his depression, there seems no other reason for his doing such a thing, he added.
Yadav said that preliminary investigation had revealed that Singh was undergoing treatment for depression for the last 7 to 8 years and his wife was also suffering from depression. He said prima facie these personal tensions seems to be the trigger for the incident.
Assistant General Manager at Aliganj branch of PNB A K Varmani said Singh was on leave for the last 10 days as he was not well and was expected to join office on Monday. He said he did not notice anything unusual in his behaviour and he worked like a normal employee.
Police have lodged an FIR against Singh under IPC 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder) and 309 (attempt to suicide) on the complaint of Neeraj who said that his nephew had informed him that Singh shot his wife, daughter and son.