Lucknow DIG who ‘beat up’ SP leader transferred to training centre
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Two days after coming to power, the Samajwadi Party (SP) government today transferred Lucknow Deputy Inspector General D K Thakur to Regional Training Centre (RTC), Chunar, in the same capacity.
The National Human Rights Commission had last year taken cognizance of a report and photo published on March 10 in a Hindi newspaper that stated that Anand Singh Bhadauriya, president of the Lohia Vahini (an SP frontal organisation), was dragged by his hair and DIG D K Thakur had pinned him down on the road under his boots. The report said other SP workers had been beaten with sticks by policemen.
Thakur has been replaced
with 1992-batch IPS officer Ashutosh Pandey, who was posted as DIG Special Inquiry in Lucknow till now. Pandey was Lucknow SSP during the previous Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
IPS officer Jasbeer Singh, who is the present DIG at the Chunar Regional Training Centre (RTC), has been attached with the DGP Headquarters.
The government has also transferred IAS officer S K Dwivedi from the post of Chief Executive Officer, Noida. Dwivedi has been kept in waiting for a posting.
PPS officer and Meerut Additional Superintendent of Police B P Ashok has been posted to RTC, Chunar. Ashok has replaced Vijay Yadav, who has been attached with the DGP headquarters.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express