Lucknow DIG who ‘beat up’ SP leader transferred to training centre
- Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death by lethal injection
- India, China face terror threat from source in same region: PM Modi
- Petrol price hiked by Rs 3.13/litre, diesel by Rs 2.71/litre; Cong says it's Modi govt's anniversary 'gift'
- BCCI plans to replace Champions League T20 with a mini-IPL in UAE
- JD(U), RJD tussle over seat-sharing begins; Lalu demands 145, Nitish says take all 243
Two days after coming to power, the Samajwadi Party (SP) government today transferred Lucknow Deputy Inspector General D K Thakur to Regional Training Centre (RTC), Chunar, in the same capacity.
The National Human Rights Commission had last year taken cognizance of a report and photo published on March 10 in a Hindi newspaper that stated that Anand Singh Bhadauriya, president of the Lohia Vahini (an SP frontal organisation), was dragged by his hair and DIG D K Thakur had pinned him down on the road under his boots. The report said other SP workers had been beaten with sticks by policemen.
Thakur has been replaced
with 1992-batch IPS officer Ashutosh Pandey, who was posted as DIG Special Inquiry in Lucknow till now. Pandey was Lucknow SSP during the previous Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
IPS officer Jasbeer Singh, who is the present DIG at the Chunar Regional Training Centre (RTC), has been attached with the DGP Headquarters.
The government has also transferred IAS officer S K Dwivedi from the post of Chief Executive Officer, Noida. Dwivedi has been kept in waiting for a posting.
PPS officer and Meerut Additional Superintendent of Police B P Ashok has been posted to RTC, Chunar. Ashok has replaced Vijay Yadav, who has been attached with the DGP headquarters.