Lucknow Metro Ph I gets Centre’s nod
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
The Centre Friday gave its nod to the first phase (North-South corridor) of the Lucknow Metro rail project, paving the way for work to begin on the proposed route.
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) officials said the North-South corridor will be developed in the first phase, while the East-West corridor will taken up in the second phase.
The state government sent a Detailed Project report (DPR) of the Lucknow Metro to the Union Ministry of Urban Development for approval on August 26, which stated the cabinet will take up the North-South corridor in the first phase. A revised DPR was sent to the Centre on October 10. The state government had recently decided to invite fresh offers from the Metro Rail Corporation and Rail Vikas Nigam Limited to develop the project. Officials said the Centre will give the final nod later when it will decide to make contribution of its share in the project cost. The estimated cost of the project is around Rs 6,880 crore. ens