Lucknow Metro Ph I gets Centre’s nod
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
The Centre Friday gave its nod to the first phase (North-South corridor) of the Lucknow Metro rail project, paving the way for work to begin on the proposed route.
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) officials said the North-South corridor will be developed in the first phase, while the East-West corridor will taken up in the second phase.
The state government sent a Detailed Project report (DPR) of the Lucknow Metro to the Union Ministry of Urban Development for approval on August 26, which stated the cabinet will take up the North-South corridor in the first phase. A revised DPR was sent to the Centre on October 10. The state government had recently decided to invite fresh offers from the Metro Rail Corporation and Rail Vikas Nigam Limited to develop the project. Officials said the Centre will give the final nod later when it will decide to make contribution of its share in the project cost. The estimated cost of the project is around Rs 6,880 crore. ens
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit