Lucknow nama: Different avatars
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and his wife Shivkanya have adopted new roles. While Shivkanya, a housewife, is now busy touring the state, her husband, is spending his tenure in prison more fruitfully — penning his biography. Titled "The Real Truth of NRHM", half the manuscript is believed to be complete, and the book will hit the stands before the Lok Sabha elections. Kushwaha's book will highlight the sacrifices he made for Mayawati and her attempts to wipe him off politically.
SP MLA Mahendra Kumar Singh alias Jheen Babu, who was arrested from a dance bar in Goa, received a grand welcome at Amausi airport after being released from prison. His supporters garlanded him and shouted slogans against the BJP, for implicating him. There was drama when he reached his constituency in Sitapur where more supporters, brandished fire arms and demanded the party revoke his suspension. Jheen Babu, however, did not speak, but had tears in his eyes.
STATE BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai got out of his usual kurta-pyjama, and wore a t-shirt, denim trousers and branded goggles to evade cops who were deployed to prevent him from visiting a village in Amethi where several houses were torched in clashes some time ago. Bajpai borrowed the attire from a party worker and pillion-rode a motorcycle to reach Sultanpur. When photographs of Bajpai in the unusual attire appeared in newspapers next morning, he received compliments from party leaders. But the best compliment came from his wife who said he looked "smart" in his new attire.
Jinxed for CMs?<\b>
NOIDA seems to be jinxed for chief ministers of the state. It is said Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati, Kalyan Singh and many other CMs were voted out of power after they visited Noida. It is for this reason, Akhilesh Yadav seems to be avoiding Noida. The CM laid the foundation of NASSCOM headquarters at Noida from Hotel Taj Mansingh in New Delhi. In the past, he avoided visiting Noida. He preferred to inaugurate the Yamuna Expressway in August last year from his residence in Lucknow. He even asked Minister of State Abhishek Mishra to attend the ADB meeting in Noida earlier this year.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students