Ludhiana DC in race for best poll practices award
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The Election Commission of India has selected Rahul Tiwari, IAS, Deputy Commissioner of Ludhiana, along with 12 other DCs/ SSPs chosen from all over the country for the Best Election Practices Award 2012. This award is given every year by the ECI to 3 DCs/ SSPs who are chosen from DCs/ SSPs of all the districts of the country for performing exceptionally well during the elections undertaking best election practices in their districts. The 13 DCs/ SSPs have been short-listed by the ECI, and they will be considered for the first three ranks.
The 13 officials will report to the ECI on January 10 where they will make presentations before the Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioners of India on what they did in their districts for ensuring smooth and peaceful elections and for ensuring general awareness amongst voters and for undertaking best electoral practises, after which results will be declared.