Ludhiana DC in race for best poll practices award
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The Election Commission of India has selected Rahul Tiwari, IAS, Deputy Commissioner of Ludhiana, along with 12 other DCs/ SSPs chosen from all over the country for the Best Election Practices Award 2012. This award is given every year by the ECI to 3 DCs/ SSPs who are chosen from DCs/ SSPs of all the districts of the country for performing exceptionally well during the elections undertaking best election practices in their districts. The 13 DCs/ SSPs have been short-listed by the ECI, and they will be considered for the first three ranks.
The 13 officials will report to the ECI on January 10 where they will make presentations before the Chief Election Commissioner and Election Commissioners of India on what they did in their districts for ensuring smooth and peaceful elections and for ensuring general awareness amongst voters and for undertaking best electoral practises, after which results will be declared.