Ludhiana gets its first seafood restaurant
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
Ludhiana's wait for a seafood-specialty restaurant ended on Wednesday with the inauguration of Swagath, the first restaurant in the city with seafood cuisine as its main course. The restaurant is a venture of Sagar and Swagath chain of restaurants known the world over as the 'Sagar Ratna'.
Sagar Ratna CMD Jairam Banan said: "The widest choice of sea food will be available in our restaurant. Special sea food cuisines like Malwani, Goan, Gomantak, Andhra, Chettinad and Mangalorean from different parts of southern India will be available in our restaurant."
"Those who waited for a holiday to Mumbai, Goa and southern places only to savour the coastal delicacies, can now taste the best sea food in their own city." said K S Bhatt, director of the restaurant.
The first restaurant in the city to provide the sumptuous prawns prepared in numerous variations, the restaurant will also offer fish varieties cooked in Mangalorean and Malabari spices. Traditional mackral fish cooked in thick coconut gravy called Bangda Gassi will be the first of its kind in the city. The versatility of the non-vegetarian food available here can be judged from the list of the cuisines like chicken chettinad, mutton chettinad, rawas, pomfret koliwada, squid masala et al.
Neer dosa and Bombay duck fry provide another hue to the menu of this sea food hub. However, vegetarians in the city need not get upset because Tandoori cuisine and Chinese cuisine is also served here under the vegetarian menu.