Ludhiana gets its first seafood restaurant
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Ludhiana's wait for a seafood-specialty restaurant ended on Wednesday with the inauguration of Swagath, the first restaurant in the city with seafood cuisine as its main course. The restaurant is a venture of Sagar and Swagath chain of restaurants known the world over as the 'Sagar Ratna'.
Sagar Ratna CMD Jairam Banan said: "The widest choice of sea food will be available in our restaurant. Special sea food cuisines like Malwani, Goan, Gomantak, Andhra, Chettinad and Mangalorean from different parts of southern India will be available in our restaurant."
"Those who waited for a holiday to Mumbai, Goa and southern places only to savour the coastal delicacies, can now taste the best sea food in their own city." said K S Bhatt, director of the restaurant.
The first restaurant in the city to provide the sumptuous prawns prepared in numerous variations, the restaurant will also offer fish varieties cooked in Mangalorean and Malabari spices. Traditional mackral fish cooked in thick coconut gravy called Bangda Gassi will be the first of its kind in the city. The versatility of the non-vegetarian food available here can be judged from the list of the cuisines like chicken chettinad, mutton chettinad, rawas, pomfret koliwada, squid masala et al.