Ludhiana minor brutally raped, finds postmortem
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A day after a half-naked and decomposed body of 6-year-old girl was found with her face crushed in Ludhiana, a postmortem report on Tuesday confirmed that the minor was brutally raped before being killed
A four-member board of doctors, headed by Dr Ramesh Kumar, that conducted the postmortem examination at the Civil Hospital, Ludhiana, found that the genitals of the girl was badly damaged and there were several blood clots in her body.
"The kind of injuries she sustained shows as if a cannibal had pounced on her. Never before had we seen such brutal injuries on a rape victim," one of the doctors, who conducted the postmortem, said while requesting anonymity.
The culprit(s) had later smashed the face of the girl and hidden her half-naked body under a heap of bricks.
Meanwhile, the police is yet to make a breakthrough in the case. SHO of Jodhewal Basti, Balwinder Singh, however, while confirming that they are yet to zero in on the culprits said that they were going through the call details of a family on whom the minor's relatives have raised suspicion.
The girl's family had shifted to Mann Singh Nagar only a few days back from where the minor had gone missing on January 12.
The minor was the eldest of the three daughters of a daily wager at a hosiery unit. Her uncle had alleged that a person whom the girl's father owed some money had threatened the family about two weeks back.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress