Ludhiana minor brutally raped, finds postmortem
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A day after a half-naked and decomposed body of 6-year-old girl was found with her face crushed in Ludhiana, a postmortem report on Tuesday confirmed that the minor was brutally raped before being killed
A four-member board of doctors, headed by Dr Ramesh Kumar, that conducted the postmortem examination at the Civil Hospital, Ludhiana, found that the genitals of the girl was badly damaged and there were several blood clots in her body.
"The kind of injuries she sustained shows as if a cannibal had pounced on her. Never before had we seen such brutal injuries on a rape victim," one of the doctors, who conducted the postmortem, said while requesting anonymity.
The culprit(s) had later smashed the face of the girl and hidden her half-naked body under a heap of bricks.
Meanwhile, the police is yet to make a breakthrough in the case. SHO of Jodhewal Basti, Balwinder Singh, however, while confirming that they are yet to zero in on the culprits said that they were going through the call details of a family on whom the minor's relatives have raised suspicion.
The girl's family had shifted to Mann Singh Nagar only a few days back from where the minor had gone missing on January 12.
The minor was the eldest of the three daughters of a daily wager at a hosiery unit. Her uncle had alleged that a person whom the girl's father owed some money had threatened the family about two weeks back.
The family cremated the girl on Tuesday even as they demanded the strictest possible punishment to the culprits.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer