Ludhiana Zila Parishad wins national award
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Ahead of Zila Parishad and Panchayat elections, Ludhiana Zila Parishad won 'the best Zila Parishad' award in the country along with a cash prize of Rs 40 lakh. The prize was given to chairman of Zila Parishad Manpreet Ayali by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday.
Ayali was told to chair the session in which Zila Parishad chairpersons from across the country had come.
The point came as a plus point for the ruling alliance who will be using it as a USP in the coming election and will also be showing the CD of works done in election campaign. Ayali said, "Ludhiana Zila Parishad scored 93 marks out of 100 and this was the highest in the country as told by Union Minister V Kishore Chander Rao."
He is also MLA Dakha. Ayali will not be contesting the elections for Chairman's post this time but will be giving chance to someone else, he said.
He said, "We regularly conducted meetings of Zila Parishads and even attended meetings of all departments connected with Zila Parishads. I got more than Rs 200 crore released for various villages falling under Zila Parishad and hence got works of pond renovation, library construction, crematorium construction, provided safe drinking water to 450 villages and much more."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18