Ludhiana Zila Parishad wins national award
- PAAS convener Hardik Patel arrested in Surat, protests across Gujarat
- Rahul makes a 'feku' jibe at Modi, says he and his friends want to usurp land
- Netaji files reveal snooping on family, doubts over death
- Bihar polls: Grand alliance finalises seat distribution
- Two killed, 10 injured as bridge collapses in rain-battered Gujarat
Ahead of Zila Parishad and Panchayat elections, Ludhiana Zila Parishad won 'the best Zila Parishad' award in the country along with a cash prize of Rs 40 lakh. The prize was given to chairman of Zila Parishad Manpreet Ayali by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday.
Ayali was told to chair the session in which Zila Parishad chairpersons from across the country had come.
The point came as a plus point for the ruling alliance who will be using it as a USP in the coming election and will also be showing the CD of works done in election campaign. Ayali said, "Ludhiana Zila Parishad scored 93 marks out of 100 and this was the highest in the country as told by Union Minister V Kishore Chander Rao."
He is also MLA Dakha. Ayali will not be contesting the elections for Chairman's post this time but will be giving chance to someone else, he said.