Ludhiana Zila Parishad wins national award
Ahead of Zila Parishad and Panchayat elections, Ludhiana Zila Parishad won 'the best Zila Parishad' award in the country along with a cash prize of Rs 40 lakh. The prize was given to chairman of Zila Parishad Manpreet Ayali by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday.
Ayali was told to chair the session in which Zila Parishad chairpersons from across the country had come.
The point came as a plus point for the ruling alliance who will be using it as a USP in the coming election and will also be showing the CD of works done in election campaign. Ayali said, "Ludhiana Zila Parishad scored 93 marks out of 100 and this was the highest in the country as told by Union Minister V Kishore Chander Rao."
He is also MLA Dakha. Ayali will not be contesting the elections for Chairman's post this time but will be giving chance to someone else, he said.
He said, "We regularly conducted meetings of Zila Parishads and even attended meetings of all departments connected with Zila Parishads. I got more than Rs 200 crore released for various villages falling under Zila Parishad and hence got works of pond renovation, library construction, crematorium construction, provided safe drinking water to 450 villages and much more."
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan