Ludhianvis brave chill, take part in hurdle race
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
More than 1,000 locals braved the chilly winds, Sunday lethargy and obstacles comprising of fire, ice and tyres to participate in India's maiden obstacle run, Ireo Devils Circuit, on the sprawling Ireo Waterfront township campus on Sunday.
The 4-km military-style run is an extremely popular format worldwide, and was brought to Ludhiana by Ireo, one of India's leading real estate developers, in association with sports management company, GameOn India. Sunday saw people across age groups, professions and gender take part in the event. "I had heard of such runs happening in the United States but to have it in Ludhiana was very exciting," said Dr Geeti Arora, one of the runners.