Ludhianvis brave chill, take part in hurdle race
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
More than 1,000 locals braved the chilly winds, Sunday lethargy and obstacles comprising of fire, ice and tyres to participate in India's maiden obstacle run, Ireo Devils Circuit, on the sprawling Ireo Waterfront township campus on Sunday.
The 4-km military-style run is an extremely popular format worldwide, and was brought to Ludhiana by Ireo, one of India's leading real estate developers, in association with sports management company, GameOn India. Sunday saw people across age groups, professions and gender take part in the event. "I had heard of such runs happening in the United States but to have it in Ludhiana was very exciting," said Dr Geeti Arora, one of the runners.