Ludhianvis brave chill, take part in hurdle race
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
More than 1,000 locals braved the chilly winds, Sunday lethargy and obstacles comprising of fire, ice and tyres to participate in India's maiden obstacle run, Ireo Devils Circuit, on the sprawling Ireo Waterfront township campus on Sunday.
The 4-km military-style run is an extremely popular format worldwide, and was brought to Ludhiana by Ireo, one of India's leading real estate developers, in association with sports management company, GameOn India. Sunday saw people across age groups, professions and gender take part in the event. "I had heard of such runs happening in the United States but to have it in Ludhiana was very exciting," said Dr Geeti Arora, one of the runners.