Luis Suarez signs long-term contract with Liverpool
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Striker Luis Suarez has signed a new long-term contract at Liverpool after a blistering start to the season in which he has scored 17 goals, the Premier League club said on Friday.
The 26-year-old Uruguayan, who was linked with a move away from the club in the close season, said he was "proud" and "delighted" to extend his deal.
"I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term," Suarez said on the club website.
"We have some great players and the team is growing and improving all the time. I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool. My aim is to help get us there as quickly as possible."
Suarez's superb form has been a key factor in Liverpool's good start to the season, helping the club to second in the Premier League, two points behind leaders Arsenal.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express