Lungi Dance video released on Youtube
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
The video of Shah Rukh Khan's much hyped tribute to Thalaiva aka Rajinikanth was released on the official YouTube account of T-series last week. Titled Lungi Dance, it is composed, sung, and penned by Yo Yo Honey Singh. In less than three days, the song has managed to touch 6 lakh views. The song, which was first released with lyrics in a video, made people curious about the song. After endless speculations, the song will finally be a part of the film as well as Singh's next album. It is a fun dance number, filled with quirky lyrics (sample this: "Anna ke jaisa chashma lagake, Coconut mein lassi milake'). The rhythm is fast-paced, and beats of the South Indian dhol can be heard prominently. To suit the theme of the film, Singh has sung this song with a Tamil accent. It is a bit different from other promotional songs, as there is a touch of humour in it.
Choreographed by Chinni Prakash, the signature steps of the song are full of pelvic thrusts and thumkas. In the video, Khan is seen matching steps with Deepika Padukone, with a life-size poster of Rajinikanth in the background.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit