Lungi Dance video released on Youtube
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The video of Shah Rukh Khan's much hyped tribute to Thalaiva aka Rajinikanth was released on the official YouTube account of T-series last week. Titled Lungi Dance, it is composed, sung, and penned by Yo Yo Honey Singh. In less than three days, the song has managed to touch 6 lakh views. The song, which was first released with lyrics in a video, made people curious about the song. After endless speculations, the song will finally be a part of the film as well as Singh's next album. It is a fun dance number, filled with quirky lyrics (sample this: "Anna ke jaisa chashma lagake, Coconut mein lassi milake'). The rhythm is fast-paced, and beats of the South Indian dhol can be heard prominently. To suit the theme of the film, Singh has sung this song with a Tamil accent. It is a bit different from other promotional songs, as there is a touch of humour in it.
Choreographed by Chinni Prakash, the signature steps of the song are full of pelvic thrusts and thumkas. In the video, Khan is seen matching steps with Deepika Padukone, with a life-size poster of Rajinikanth in the background.