Lungi Dance video released on Youtube
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The video of Shah Rukh Khan's much hyped tribute to Thalaiva aka Rajinikanth was released on the official YouTube account of T-series last week. Titled Lungi Dance, it is composed, sung, and penned by Yo Yo Honey Singh. In less than three days, the song has managed to touch 6 lakh views. The song, which was first released with lyrics in a video, made people curious about the song. After endless speculations, the song will finally be a part of the film as well as Singh's next album. It is a fun dance number, filled with quirky lyrics (sample this: "Anna ke jaisa chashma lagake, Coconut mein lassi milake'). The rhythm is fast-paced, and beats of the South Indian dhol can be heard prominently. To suit the theme of the film, Singh has sung this song with a Tamil accent. It is a bit different from other promotional songs, as there is a touch of humour in it.
Choreographed by Chinni Prakash, the signature steps of the song are full of pelvic thrusts and thumkas. In the video, Khan is seen matching steps with Deepika Padukone, with a life-size poster of Rajinikanth in the background.