Lungi Dance video released on Youtube
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
The video of Shah Rukh Khan's much hyped tribute to Thalaiva aka Rajinikanth was released on the official YouTube account of T-series last week. Titled Lungi Dance, it is composed, sung, and penned by Yo Yo Honey Singh. In less than three days, the song has managed to touch 6 lakh views. The song, which was first released with lyrics in a video, made people curious about the song. After endless speculations, the song will finally be a part of the film as well as Singh's next album. It is a fun dance number, filled with quirky lyrics (sample this: "Anna ke jaisa chashma lagake, Coconut mein lassi milake'). The rhythm is fast-paced, and beats of the South Indian dhol can be heard prominently. To suit the theme of the film, Singh has sung this song with a Tamil accent. It is a bit different from other promotional songs, as there is a touch of humour in it.
Choreographed by Chinni Prakash, the signature steps of the song are full of pelvic thrusts and thumkas. In the video, Khan is seen matching steps with Deepika Padukone, with a life-size poster of Rajinikanth in the background.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota