Lungi look of Deepika Padukone
- Elections LIVE: Jaswant Singh pained but not quitting BJP, to file nomination from Barmer
- Search for MH370 LIVE: Australia hopes for a breakthrough in search operations
- Thane shocker: 24-year-old woman brutalised for refusing to enter flesh-trade
- A Fallen Stock: Markets were Jignesh Shah's passion but luck ran out for the engineer
- Four IM operatives nabbed from Rajasthan, had plans to attack Modi rally
Hopefully, Deepika Padukone's 'lungi' and shirt look from 'Chennai Express' posters does not spark a trend but it has certainly made everyone do a double take.
The actress reveals that film's lead actor Shah Rukh Khan and director Rohit Shetty came up with the idea to dress her in a 'lungi'.
"That's something new and I hope it works," says Deepika about her look.
"The idea to wear a 'lungi' is not mine actually. It was Shah Rukh and Rohit who came up with it. We had to quickly do a photoshoot because we were losing the light. They were like 'Why don't we give her this 'lungi' and make her look modern'. The shirt that I am wearing in the posters also belongs to SRK, only the sunglasses are mine," the actress told PTI.
The potboiler, which reunites Deepika with SRK onscreen after her debut in 'Om Shanti Om', is slated to release this year.
Deepika, fresh from the success of 'Race 2', is looking forward to back-to-back releases this year.
"It has been a good year but my next next six months are very demanding in terms of my schedule. I hope all the hard work pays. I have 'Chennai Express' and 'Kochadaiyaan' with Rajini (Rajinikanth) sir is also ready for release," says Deepika.
She has two other films --'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani', her film will Ranbik Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Ram Leela'.
There were reports that she may star in Salman Khan's 'Kick' but the actress denies it.
"That's all speculation. It probably stems from the fact that I had expressed a desire to work with Salman Khan. Maybe these stories are coming from there. There is nothing concrete on that film yet."
Deepkia hit the bollywood wither her hit film 'om shanti om' opposite shah rukh khan, however, she has also done variety of roles in films like 'aarakhsna', 'cocktal' and 'race 2'.
- Mamata slams Cong, BJP for passing Telangana Bill
- Mollah calls for Muslim-Dalit ‘Maha Jot’ to defeat Left, TMC
- Didi releases party manifestos, reflects ‘national ambition’
- Rs 700-crore hawala racket busted, Surat trader’s home, office raided
- Just a click away, one stop data on over 10 lakh criminals
- The age of individualism