Lupin receives USFDA nod for Suprax oral suspension
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
Drug firm Lupin today said it has received approval from the US health regulator for its Suprax oral suspension used for treating bacterial infections and expects to commence shipping the product in the near future.
The company's subsidiary Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc has received approval for Suprax for oral suspension in the strength of 500mg/5mL from the United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA), Lupin said in a statement.
"Suprax is currently available as 100 mg/5ml and 200 mg/5ml suspensions, 400 mg tablets as well as chewable tablets 100 & 200 mg," the Mumbai based company said.
Commenting on the approval, Lupin Ltd Group President & Lupin Pharmaceutical Inc CEO Vinita Gupta said: "The new dosage form will add to our growing Suprax franchise and gives health care providers and patients a new formulation to treat the indicated infections."
"This new drug application provides for a new strength 500 mg/5mL of Suprax (cefixime) for the treatment of otitis media, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, uncomplicated urinary tract infections (cervical/urethral), uncomplicated gonorrhoea and pharyngitis/tonsillitis," the company said.
Shares of Lupin Ltd were today trading at Rs 599.85 per scrip on BSE, up 0.98 per cent from its previous close.
Stocks More on Lupin Ltd
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.