Lynching incident: ASI, two sent to Police Lines
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
It was on October 10 that an unidentified youth was beaten to death by residents of Labour Colony, Janak Puri area. The incident occurred just a few feet away from the police station in the area
Following the infamous lynching incident of Janakpuri area, Ludhiana Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh has issued orders sending ASI Shamsher Singh, Munshi Devinder Singh and Munshi Pavinder Kumar to Police Lines.
SHO Mandeep Singh said that in place of ASI Shamsher Singh, Sub-Inspector Rajwant Singh had been asked to join the duty. The youth who was beaten to death has not been identified so far.
It was on October 10 that an unidentified youth was beaten to death by residents of Labour Colony, Janak Puri area. The incident occurred just a few feet away from the police station. It has also come to light that some residents of the area tried to call the police on the night of the incident, but there was no response from the police.
It was only after the police control room received a message about four the next morning that the police sprang into action after which a PCR team reached the spot and requested the people nearby to provide a vehicle to take the injured person to the hospital. However, instead of providing help, the people threw the body on the road and ran away.
By the time the PCR team could bring in a vehicle, the youth had died.
During the inquiry the police found that this youth had tried to enter the house of one Talwinder Singh at night.
Talwinder claimed that this youth was a thief and that when he tried to nab him, the youth attacked him. Soon people began to gather and they tied this youth to a tree and started beating him up with sticks, which led to his death.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'