M A K Pataudi donates his left eye
- You can oppose Jamia minority status, Law ministry advises HRD
- JeM chief Masood Azhar under 'protective custody', confirms Pak Minister
- Muslim couple on train beaten in MP, bags searched over beef suspicion
- India calls Pak action positive step, says talks deferred to ‘near future’
- Meanwhile, ‘love story’ that starts in Mumbai, ends in Pakistan jail
Former Indian cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, who died after battling lung infection, has donated his eye.
Pataudi, who had lost his right eye due to an accident, had expressed his desire to donate his left eye.
The legendary cricketer died of respiratory failure after suffering from lung disease on Thursday.
"He always had a wish to donate his eyes. Immediately after his death, we preserved his eye which was sent to Venue Eye and Research Institute in New Delhi. He and his wife Sharmila have been promoting eye donation," Dr Sumit Ray, vice-chairman of critical care medicine at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, said.