M A K Pataudi donates his left eye
- PAAS convener Hardik Patel arrested in Surat, protests across Gujarat
- Rahul makes a 'feku' jibe at Modi, says he and his friends want to usurp land
- Netaji files reveal snooping on family, doubts over death
- Bihar polls: Grand alliance finalises seat distribution
- Two killed, 10 injured as bridge collapses in rain-battered Gujarat
Former Indian cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, who died after battling lung infection, has donated his eye.
Pataudi, who had lost his right eye due to an accident, had expressed his desire to donate his left eye.
The legendary cricketer died of respiratory failure after suffering from lung disease on Thursday.
"He always had a wish to donate his eyes. Immediately after his death, we preserved his eye which was sent to Venue Eye and Research Institute in New Delhi. He and his wife Sharmila have been promoting eye donation," Dr Sumit Ray, vice-chairman of critical care medicine at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, said.