M S Dhoni avoids probing questions on his captaincy
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
Dhoni said the fact that India have won both their T20 games against the visitors in World Twenty20 Championships and lost the other three bilateral games did not point out to any specific pattern.
"We have won a few games and lost a few. In this format, it's just about a couple of players really changing the game. It's about enjoying the game, just getting that one run or making that one run-out which changes the game. I don't think it's proper to analyse the patterns in this format," he said.
He was also not bothered by the fact that India can go to the top of the ICC T20 rankings for the first time since it was introduced in 2011 if they win both their T20 games against England, here and in Mumbai on December 22, and the upcoming two games against Pakistan later this month.
"We are never bothered about the rankings. If we do well on the field the rankings take care of themselves. It's like I am repeating myself but that's what I have always said."
Asked about absence of many England players from IPL, Dhoni said the visitors had many talented players for the format but the issue was their availability for the entire duration of the tournament lasting 45-55 days.
"There are many talented England players for this format. But not many of them are available for the entire duration of the tournament which is what the francisees are concerned about."
Asked about Kevin Pietersen in particular and the demand for his services in the cash rich league, Dhoni said not everyone can be KP.
"KP is a special player. Franchisees are willing to take a gamble even if he's available for 7 or 8 games in a season. You have to be that special (for franchisees to run after that player though he may not be available for the major part of the season)," said the India and CSK captain.
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police