M S Dhoni innings exceptional under circumstances: Imran Khan
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Former Pakistan captain Imran Khan today praised Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni for his heroic innings of 113 in the first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai and said it was one of best knocks under pressure.
Coming out in the 10th over when India were down in the dumps at 29 for five, Dhoni single-handedly took India's total to 227 for six with an unbeaten knock of 113 from 125 balls though his side lost the match by six wickets.
"I think he played really well and in fact it was an exceptional innings under pressure. But for his knock, this match would have been over in two-three hours," Imran said.
"Under the circumstances, this was one of the best innings," he added.
Imran also praised rookie Indian pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar for his fine show today and in the earlier Twenty20 International series.
"I think he has the ability to swing the ball and he has done well. For a fast bowler to do well, you need to have speed in the air and ability to move the ball. Or you have to swing the ball and be able to extract extra bounce," he told news Channel.
Asked about Pakistan churning out fast bowler after another, Imran said, "It is because of the physique of the players. The players from North (Pakistan) Punjab and Frontier Province have physique which suited in becoming fast bowlers. So we have to tap them and groom them."
M S Dhoni's hundred came under difficult conditions: Misbah
His gritty century could not help India's win but skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni's ton under challenging conditions was acknowledged and appreciated by his counterpart Misbah-ul-Haq, here today.
Dhoni scored a fighting 113 when India were staring down the barrel at 29 for five after being put into bat in bowling friendly conditions.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)