Madhumita Shukla’s sister seeks restoration of mom’s security cover
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani files nomination
Nidhi Shukla, younger sister of poetess Madhumita Shukla for whose murder former UP minister Amarmani Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and three others are undergoing life imprisonment, has alleged that the security of her mother Shanti Kumari Shukla was withdrawn by the Lakhimpur Kheri police so that they could not pursue the case in Supreme Court where the accused have challenged their conviction.
Nidhi has requested Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to restore the security cover of her mother.