Madhur Bhandarkar to attend 'Cinema Beyond Boundaries' in NY
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar is all set to attend 'Cinema Beyond Boundaries', a filmmaking meet in New York that will take place from September 27 to 29.
The three-day event would focus on the global influence of Indian cinema, forecast changes in the fast growing and rapidly evolving filmmaking industry.
Actors, directors, writers and music directors would gather to share how it is to make cinema by blending different cultures and to bring them beyond the Indian Diaspora.
"Indian cinema is no more limited to audiences in India. We have viewers all around the world and hence understanding the global perspective is a must. Cinema Beyond Boundaries would get the viewers and the filmmakers together and would help us in serving them with good quality cinema," Bhandarkar said in a statement.
Organised by Molecule Communications, the filmmaking meet will also be attended by 'Kaahani' writer Advaita Kala, 'Don Peyote' director Micheal Canzoniero, Tony Award winner Dan Fogler, director Vladan Nikolic and actors Saritha Choudhry, Ajay Naidu and Reshma Shetty.
Wayne Sharpe, the New York-based composer, who has composed music scores for 'Gangaajal', 'Apaharan' and 'Raajneeti' is also one of the speakers at the event.