Madhur Bhandarkar to attend 'Cinema Beyond Boundaries' in NY
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar is all set to attend 'Cinema Beyond Boundaries', a filmmaking meet in New York that will take place from September 27 to 29.
The three-day event would focus on the global influence of Indian cinema, forecast changes in the fast growing and rapidly evolving filmmaking industry.
Actors, directors, writers and music directors would gather to share how it is to make cinema by blending different cultures and to bring them beyond the Indian Diaspora.
"Indian cinema is no more limited to audiences in India. We have viewers all around the world and hence understanding the global perspective is a must. Cinema Beyond Boundaries would get the viewers and the filmmakers together and would help us in serving them with good quality cinema," Bhandarkar said in a statement.
Organised by Molecule Communications, the filmmaking meet will also be attended by 'Kaahani' writer Advaita Kala, 'Don Peyote' director Micheal Canzoniero, Tony Award winner Dan Fogler, director Vladan Nikolic and actors Saritha Choudhry, Ajay Naidu and Reshma Shetty.
Wayne Sharpe, the New York-based composer, who has composed music scores for 'Gangaajal', 'Apaharan' and 'Raajneeti' is also one of the speakers at the event.