Madhur Bhandarkar to attend 'Cinema Beyond Boundaries' in NY
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar is all set to attend 'Cinema Beyond Boundaries', a filmmaking meet in New York that will take place from September 27 to 29.
The three-day event would focus on the global influence of Indian cinema, forecast changes in the fast growing and rapidly evolving filmmaking industry.
Actors, directors, writers and music directors would gather to share how it is to make cinema by blending different cultures and to bring them beyond the Indian Diaspora.
"Indian cinema is no more limited to audiences in India. We have viewers all around the world and hence understanding the global perspective is a must. Cinema Beyond Boundaries would get the viewers and the filmmakers together and would help us in serving them with good quality cinema," Bhandarkar said in a statement.
Organised by Molecule Communications, the filmmaking meet will also be attended by 'Kaahani' writer Advaita Kala, 'Don Peyote' director Micheal Canzoniero, Tony Award winner Dan Fogler, director Vladan Nikolic and actors Saritha Choudhry, Ajay Naidu and Reshma Shetty.
Wayne Sharpe, the New York-based composer, who has composed music scores for 'Gangaajal', 'Apaharan' and 'Raajneeti' is also one of the speakers at the event.
- One card for Metro, DTC and cluster buses gets Lt-Governor’s green light
- Tech graduate shoots at man ‘talking loudly’
- Gun attack kills 3 in eastern Ukraine, breaks Easter truce
- ED acting at behest of PC: Bengal govt
- Delhi policemen beaten up in Pataudi village
- J&K cops leave poll staff ‘stuck in snow, fly away with EVMs’