Madhuri Dixit glides through intimate scenes with Naseeruddin Shah in Dedh Ishqiya
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
For those who saw Abhishek Choubey's Ishqiya three years ago, the film's raw sexual energy between Vidya Balan and Arshad Warsi still remains vivid.
The news on the much-anticipated sequel Dedh Ishqiya is that Huma Qureshi who replaces Vidya Balan as Arshad Warsi's co-star, goes "much further" with Arshad in Dedh Ishqiya. According to a source close to the project, Huma and Arshad "have pulled out all stops" making Arshad's love-making scenes in Ishqiya look like "a teaser trailer, and foreplay before the actual act."
That's not all. Madhuri Dixit who makes a comeback in Dedh Ishqiya has also done some intimate scenes with her co-star Naseeruddin Shah, and done them without inhibitions.
Says the director Abhishek Choubey, "We shot their intimate romantic moments at the very beginning of the shooting. They've come out very beautifully. But let me state Madhuri's character is very different from Vidya's in Ishqiya. Madhuri plays a Beghum who lives in a palace in Lucknow. Since this is again Ishqiya, we once again explore the various aspects of love and romance. What we discover in the relationship between Madhuriji and Naseeruddin Saab is very different from the earlier relationship between Vidya and Arshad. While Vidya's intimate scenes were earthy and raw, Madhuriji's amorous moments with Naseeruddin Saab are approached with a lot of dignity. Madhuriji understood what was required. Once she accepted the scenes, she gave all of herself to them. However there are more intimate scenes between Huma and Arshad than between Madhuriji and Naseeruddinji. Let me tell you, it's not easy to shoot intimate scenes with our actors. They have to trust in the director's vision. As the director I had to make sure I didn't let Madhuriji and the other actors down."
Director Abhishek Choubey can't get over the experience of working with Madhuri. "It was an honour to work with somebody of her caliber. Bahot hi mazedaar raha experience with her. Getting Madhuriji was the best thing that could've happened to the film. I feel she has all the emotions within her. It's really up to the filmmaker to pull out the emotions he wants in her character and she gives a pitch-perfect performance."
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express