Madhuri Dixit: My kids are untouched by my fame
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Madhuri Dixit may be a famous Bollywood diva but her sons - Arin and Raayan - are unaffected by their mother's stardom.
The 46-year-old raises two kids with doctor husband Shriram Madhav Nene and likes it that her children get excited to see her on TV.
"I have no idea if they understand it and I like it that way. I want them to be as innocent as possible. Even today they come running to me and say that mom you are on TV. My little one comes to me and says, 'really are you that famous'. But they are untouched by it and that's the way I like it," said Madhuri, who is currently hosting the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6 on Colors.
The Hum Aapke Hain Kaun superstar is judging the current season of the dance reality show along with director-producer Karan Johar and choreographer Remo.
Madhuri, a great dancer herself, wants youngsters to take up classical dancing as it is closer to Indian culture.
"There is more of western dancing coming in because I think today youth wants everything fast and it is easier to learn. Our classical is where the whole treasure lies. Once you learn classical you can learn any form of dance. So I think it is very important to have that base. I would urge people to learn more classical," she added.
After marriage, Madhuri relocated to US for almost a decade. In 2011, she shifted her base back to Mumbai along with her family.
She is working on two Bollywood films – Gulaab Gang and Dedh Ishqiya.