Madhuri Dixit to play gangster in 'Gulab Gang'
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Actress Madhuri Dixit is on a roll. After signing Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', the Bollywood diva has now been roped to play the lead role of a gangster in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang'.
"We have signed Madhuri for 'Gulab Gang'. She would be playing the lead role of Gulab. She heads the gang of women," said Sinha.
"It was director Soumik Sen who narrated me the story and I really liked it. It was his idea of having Madhuri in the film. He met her and she was also extremely excited about it," he said.
'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice.
"It is not a biopic. It is not based on anyone. It is in a way inspired by something that happened in UP. It is a fiction," Sinha said.
The producer said there will be about six female characters in the film.
"We have just finalised Madhuri. Soumik had mentioned that he wants to cast Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla for other roles. But I don't know if he has met them and things have been finalised or not. Also, we are looking for a female antagonist," he said.
Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day, March 8.