Madhuri Dixit to play gangster in 'Gulab Gang'
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Actress Madhuri Dixit is on a roll. After signing Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', the Bollywood diva has now been roped to play the lead role of a gangster in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang'.
"We have signed Madhuri for 'Gulab Gang'. She would be playing the lead role of Gulab. She heads the gang of women," said Sinha.
"It was director Soumik Sen who narrated me the story and I really liked it. It was his idea of having Madhuri in the film. He met her and she was also extremely excited about it," he said.
'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice.
"It is not a biopic. It is not based on anyone. It is in a way inspired by something that happened in UP. It is a fiction," Sinha said.
The producer said there will be about six female characters in the film.
"We have just finalised Madhuri. Soumik had mentioned that he wants to cast Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla for other roles. But I don't know if he has met them and things have been finalised or not. Also, we are looking for a female antagonist," he said.
Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day, March 8.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies