Madhuri Dixit to play gangster in 'Gulab Gang'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Madhuri Dixit is on a roll. After signing Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', the Bollywood diva has now been roped to play the lead role of a gangster in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang'.
"We have signed Madhuri for 'Gulab Gang'. She would be playing the lead role of Gulab. She heads the gang of women," said Sinha.
"It was director Soumik Sen who narrated me the story and I really liked it. It was his idea of having Madhuri in the film. He met her and she was also extremely excited about it," he said.
'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice.
"It is not a biopic. It is not based on anyone. It is in a way inspired by something that happened in UP. It is a fiction," Sinha said.
The producer said there will be about six female characters in the film.
"We have just finalised Madhuri. Soumik had mentioned that he wants to cast Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla for other roles. But I don't know if he has met them and things have been finalised or not. Also, we are looking for a female antagonist," he said.
Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day, March 8.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express