Madhuri Dixit to play gangster in 'Gulab Gang'
- Multiple cities put on high alert amid terror threat
- With BJP raising ‘the enemy within’, silent opposition pushed to the wall
- NJAC case: Factor in merit, integrity in choosing judges, Government tells SC
- Vijay Mallya default case: Debt Recovery Tribunal to pass order today
- Pak NSA warned Doval of 26/11-type hit on Shivratri
Actress Madhuri Dixit is on a roll. After signing Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya', the Bollywood diva has now been roped to play the lead role of a gangster in Anubhav Sinha's home production 'Gulab Gang'.
"We have signed Madhuri for 'Gulab Gang'. She would be playing the lead role of Gulab. She heads the gang of women," said Sinha.
"It was director Soumik Sen who narrated me the story and I really liked it. It was his idea of having Madhuri in the film. He met her and she was also extremely excited about it," he said.
'Gulab Gang' is a story of a gang of women fighting against social injustice.
"It is not a biopic. It is not based on anyone. It is in a way inspired by something that happened in UP. It is a fiction," Sinha said.
The producer said there will be about six female characters in the film.
"We have just finalised Madhuri. Soumik had mentioned that he wants to cast Mahie Gill, Shilpa Shukla for other roles. But I don't know if he has met them and things have been finalised or not. Also, we are looking for a female antagonist," he said.
Produced under Benaras Media Works banner, 'Gulab Gang' would go on floors post monsoon and would release next year on Womens Day, March 8.
- Recent events in JNU show that dissent has dangerously lost ground in Tagore’s India
- Much needs to be done to make the police gender-friendly
- Arun Jaitley’s third budget is well-directed
- Women are participating in local government, this trend must travel upwards
- IPC has often been haphazardly amended. It needs a comprehensive revision
- In JNU, as in HCU, gullible students are being targeted by forces inimical to the country