Madhya Pradesh Budget: Govt announces sops for farmers
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
However, the Minister proposed tax on paddy, like on the sale of wheat, which will fetch Rs 50 crore and also five percent VAT on the sale of foreign and country made liquor which will fetch Rs 120 crore revenue to the state.
Raghavji also made a provision of Rs 4,765 crore for the development of irrigation facilities in the state.
The state government allocated Rs 8,856 crore in the energy sector for 2013-14, which is Rs 1,146 crore more than 2012-13, and Rs 4,970 crore for road construction and maintenance which are considered major issues in Madhya Pradesh.
For education, the Finance Minister made an allocation of Rs 13,763 crore, which is Rs 1,644 crore more than last year.
The Minister has made a provision of Rs 3,962 crore for the police force, which is 37 per cent higher than 2012-13.
Taking care of employees, the Minister said the government will give 72 per cent DA to state government employees and pensioners, at par with central government employees, as promised by the government.