Madonna bares to raise cash for Sandy victims
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Madonna raised 60,000 dollars for charity by exposing her butt onstage during her show in New York City this week.
The 54-year-old singer encouraged those watching her to donate to victims of the recent hurricane Sandy - which recently hit the Caribbean and US, causing billions of dollars of damage and leaving many homeless - by throwing their cash onstage, the Daily Telegraph reported.
She told the crowd at the city's Madison Square Garden venue: "I'm showing [my] naked ass for Hurricane Sandy victims."
A person in attendance at the hurricane benefit told the New York Post: "One guy threw a $20 bill, and Madonna threw it back and said she wanted hundreds. She yelled, ''Is that all my ass is worth?"
Front Row VIP's saw more than they were expecting of the 54-year-old singer, one said: "I was sitting in the first row and when Madonna did a split in a thong it was a Sharon Stone 'Basic Instinct' moment!"
Fans also had the opportunity to buy $2,500 'Ultimate VIP Packages' to her 'MDNA' tour but had to sign wavers that insisted they would not 'wonder off in any way' or 'seek out Madonna or her crew.'
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within