Madonna concerts outsell Lady Gaga in Latin America
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Queen of Pop Madonna's concert tickets have reportedly outsold pop star Lady Gaga in Latin America.
The statistic is even more surprising when taking into account the fact that tickets for Madonna's 'MDNA' shows are three times as expensive as those for Gaga's concerts.
The 26-year-old 'Judas' hitmaker Gaga's South American dates have had lacklustre sales considering the size of the venues she was booked into.
Gaga claimed her Peru show had an audience of 50,000, whereas actual ticket sales were reported to be around 17,000, with many tickets for the show being given away free as part of a buy-one-get-one-free deal.
Many of Gaga's Latin American shows also suffered from similarly low turnouts. However, Madonna regularly played in the same area to sold-out crowds of more than 55,000.
Gaga's tours have fared much better in Europe and South Africa, and the she is set to launch her 'Born This Way Ball' tour in North America next month.
The singing stars have been engaged in a feud after Madonna began bringing attention to the similarities between her song 'Express Yourself' and Gaga's 'Born This Way' on her most recent tour.
Gaga was also reported to have turned down an offer to perform with Madonna on the 'MDNA' tour.