Madonna takes adopted kids to native place
- Don't just love Kashmir for its beauty, love it for its people: Congress tells PM Narendra Modi
- LIVE: Do not distinguish between the land and people of Kashmir, says Derek O'Brien
- Gujarat: Forced out, these Dalits are refugees 15 km from home
- Vasundhara Raje admits to problem: Gau rakshak shops asking for more
- We walk the road Vajpayee mapped, Kashmir can feel Azadi that India has: Modi
Pop diva Madonna has taken her two adopted children David, 7, and Mercy, 8, to their native land Malawi for the first time in last two years.
The 54-year-old 'Like a Prayer' hitmaker has flown to Africa with her kids so that they can reunite with their family and well-wishers, reported Contactmusic.
After arriving in Malawi, she drove directly to her son's orphanage in the district of Mchinji, where the little boy was raised before he was adopted in 2006.
The singer is staying at the Kumbali Lodge in Lilongwe, where she stayed upon her previous visits.
"All the guests who had checked into the lodge were asked to check out on Thursday and we are not checking in any new guests now " said a hotel source.
Madonna previously made a promise to Malawi's court, to have her children visit their homeland every two or three years after fighting for the adoption of Mercy in 2009.
The singer was initially denied adoption due to not living in the country for two years before applying.
Madonna's daughter's uncle Peter Baneti had no idea that the singer was in town and expressed his desire to see his niece again.
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Poor management of floods afflicts the Assam economy
- Several problems and hurdles lie ahead in the implementation of the GST regime
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam
- In Brazil, majestic horses leapt over hurdles. In India, the holy cow lay low
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity