Madonna takes adopted kids to native place
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Pop diva Madonna has taken her two adopted children David, 7, and Mercy, 8, to their native land Malawi for the first time in last two years.
The 54-year-old 'Like a Prayer' hitmaker has flown to Africa with her kids so that they can reunite with their family and well-wishers, reported Contactmusic.
After arriving in Malawi, she drove directly to her son's orphanage in the district of Mchinji, where the little boy was raised before he was adopted in 2006.
The singer is staying at the Kumbali Lodge in Lilongwe, where she stayed upon her previous visits.
"All the guests who had checked into the lodge were asked to check out on Thursday and we are not checking in any new guests now " said a hotel source.
Madonna previously made a promise to Malawi's court, to have her children visit their homeland every two or three years after fighting for the adoption of Mercy in 2009.
The singer was initially denied adoption due to not living in the country for two years before applying.
Madonna's daughter's uncle Peter Baneti had no idea that the singer was in town and expressed his desire to see his niece again.
"No one told me anything about Madonna's visit. I hope she has brought Mercy, we desperately want to be reunited with her," Baneti said.