Madonna to face protests outside Russian show
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Pop diva Madonna has angered conservative groups in Russia by supporting jailed punk stars Pussy Riot during her first concert.
The 53-year-old singer has jetted to Moscow as part of her ongoing MDNA tour and is again due to perform at the city's Olimpiski Arena on August 14 night, reported Daily Express.
The protesters plan to demonstrate outside the singer's Moscow concert and are calling on authorities to stop the star performing.
"It is not in our power to ban her, but we call on the authorities - who position themselves as Orthodox believers - to do so. This little singer is openly mocking our laws, our traditions and our culture," said a spokesman for Russia's Union of Orthodox Banner-Bearers.
The three stars of Pussy Riot, Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, Maria Alekhina and Yekaterina Samutsevich, are currently on trial on hooliganism charges.
The 'Material Girl' hitmaker voiced her support for the band by donnng a ski mask and scrawling the group's name on her back during her performance recently.