Madonna's MDNA ranks as No 1 concert tour of 2012
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Pop queen Madonna has topped this year's list of highest-grossing concert tours for her MDNA tour.
According to Billboard, her world tour brought in the most money this year, reaching an incredible USD 228 million in revenues, besting rock and roll legend Bruce Springsteen's total of USD 198 million from his "The Wrecking Ball" tour with The E Street Band.
Madonna beat her younger contemporary, Lady Gaga, who only managed to secure the no 6 spot with USD 124 million from her "Born This Way Ball" tour.
Madonna has been consistently in the headlines by making controversial stunts in her shows, like brandishing a gun onstage in Denver only shortly after the Colorado shooting during "The Dark Knight Rises" movie premiere, and handing out pink anti-homophobia wristbands to Russian fans.
With seventy more shows still lined up and potentially USD 450 million in total earnings, the MDNA tour may end-up as the all-time highest-grossing live act.
The record is currently held by Irish rock band U2 for their 360 Degrees tour which grossed a whopping USD 736 million from a total of 110 shows.
Other top acts in this year's list of highest-grossing tours include established artists Roger Waters with USD 186 million and Coldplay with USD 147 million.
Teen sensations Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift also made it to the prestigious list, raking in USD 30 million and USD 26 million respectively.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express