Magnesia drywalls: better than bricks
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
These drywalls are easy to install and saves 3-6 months of project time. No masonry skill sets are required, as installation is a mechanised process. There is a saving of up to 20 per cent in steel reinforcement costs. No water or sand is consumed at site. Magnesia drywalls afford the slimmest footprint hence freeing up carpet area.
All in all, magnesia drywalls are ideal as internal partitions for Indian buildings given our climate, project practices and post-occupancy maintenance. Other drywalls have largely been a Western idea where dry conditions exist both in terms of the weather and maintenance.
With the real estate sector coming to terms with restrictive water use during construction, drywalls seem the perfect alternative to ensure sustainability.
— Sandeep Mittal is MD, Anutone Building Systems
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy