Maha govt doesn't want to shut down dance bars: Raj Thackeray
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray today said, reacting to the Supreme Court's ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. Maybe that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.