Maha govt doesn't want to shut down dance bars: Raj Thackeray
The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray today said, reacting to the Supreme Court's ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. Maybe that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover