Maha govt doesn't want to shut down dance bars: Raj Thackeray
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Maharashtra Government does not really want the dance bars to shut down, MNS president Raj Thackeray today said, reacting to the Supreme Court's ruling which quashed the ban on dance bars in Mumbai.
"Elections are near. The bar owners have lots of money. Maybe that is why minor ("halke") people were appointed (to represent the government) in the court," Raj said.
"Everything has a good side and a bad side. Telgi (fake stamp-paper mastermind Abdul Karim Telgi) was caught due to dance bars," he added.