Maha Kumbh Mela: Huge crowd arrives for holy dip on 'Mauni Amavasya'
While the 'Naga sadhus' are reaching the venue from their respective camps on foot, their leaders known by honorifics like 'Shri Mahant' and 'Mahamandaleshwar' cover the distance perched atop richly-decorated chariots with musical bands playing devotional tunes.
Make-shift roads have been laid down with the help of metallic chequered plates with barricading on both sides to ensure that the 'Shahi Snan' processions go on without any inconvenience.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18