Maha Kumbh Mela: Huge crowd arrives for holy dip on 'Mauni Amavasya'
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
While the 'Naga sadhus' are reaching the venue from their respective camps on foot, their leaders known by honorifics like 'Shri Mahant' and 'Mahamandaleshwar' cover the distance perched atop richly-decorated chariots with musical bands playing devotional tunes.
Make-shift roads have been laid down with the help of metallic chequered plates with barricading on both sides to ensure that the 'Shahi Snan' processions go on without any inconvenience.