Maha Lok Adalats reduce pendency
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
As the district legal services authority (DLSA) gears up for another Maha Lok Adalat on March 3, statistics show a sharp reduction in pendency by as many as 7.95 lakh cases in the state.
In Nagpur courts alone, the adalats helped settle 1.46 lakh cases in the last four episodes.
Overall, about 1.23 lakh cases were settled in the first episode on February 6, 2011. The second episode on September 18 the same year resolved 2.13 lakh cases, while the third episode on March 4 last year settled as many as 2.43 lakh cases. However, the number was reduced to 2.15 lakh in the fourth episode on September 16 last year.