Maharashtra: BJP agitation from today to highlight sugarcane farmersí woes
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
The BJP will launch a state-wide agitation Monday to protest the shoddy treatment meted out to sugarcane cultivators.
Deputy leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde said, "The Rs 7,000-crore package of the Centre is in the form of loans and not financial aid."
Munde blamed the Centre's policy to allow import of sugar for the slump in sugar prices. He said, "From Rs 3,200 a quintal to Rs 2,500 - the price fall is shocking." He urged the Centre to intervene and take corrective measures in the sugar sector.