Maharashtra: BJP agitation from today to highlight sugarcane farmersí woes
- Lok Sabha elections: 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
- Sanjay Dutt out of jail 40% of time, Bombay HC asks why he is so special
The BJP will launch a state-wide agitation Monday to protest the shoddy treatment meted out to sugarcane cultivators.
Deputy leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde said, "The Rs 7,000-crore package of the Centre is in the form of loans and not financial aid."
Munde blamed the Centre's policy to allow import of sugar for the slump in sugar prices. He said, "From Rs 3,200 a quintal to Rs 2,500 - the price fall is shocking." He urged the Centre to intervene and take corrective measures in the sugar sector.