Maharashtra eves thrash Mumbai
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Maharashtra's U-19 women's team registered a comprehensive victory over the Mumbai U-19 team beating them by 104 runs in the U-19 women's zonal league one-day tournament in Mumbai.
Captain Shivali Shinde was the top-scorer for the scoring 72 runs. Smriti Mandhana gave the skipper valuable company scoring 58 runs. In reply to Maharashtra's 221 runs Mumbai could only manage 117 with the innings folding up in 40.5 overs. Devika Vaidya, Shital Mosalgi and Mukta Magre took two wickets each. For their efforts Maharashtra pocketed 5 points.
Mahesh Vidyalaya win district roll-ball title
Mahesh Vidyalaya beat Huzurpaga Girls School 3-2 in the finals of the u-19 district level roll-ball tournament held at Mahesh Vidyalaya. In the U-17 event both the boys and the girls titles were won by Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan School, Kothrud.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape