Maharashtra provides VIP security to fewer people: Patil
- Udhampur attackers backed by ISI, says JK Police
- Militants attack police post in Udhampur; 2 SPOs injured
- Cong rejects Sushma Swaraj's defence as "tear-jerker" full of "holes"
- Pulwama encounter: Story of a student who turned terrorist
- Kerala press owner refuses to print student magazine featuring PM Modi in 'top 10 criminals' list
Admitting that police security of the VIPs should be reduced, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said the state government provided security to fewer VIPs, compared to other states.
"The number of persons who get VIP security is low," he claimed.
A committee headed by the Chief Secretary reviews the security of the VIPs routinely, he added.
The Supreme Court had yesterday remarked that police personnel engaged in VIP security can be used for better purposes like making the roads safe for women.