Maharashtra's Vidarbh to get tourism boost
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Vidarbh region in Maharashtra is set to receive a major boost in tourism with the opening of new Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) office in Amravati. The Tiger Capital region of Tadoba-Pench sanctuaries in Vidarbh, Melghat and Chikhaldara sanctuaries near Amravati have been the key USPs of MTDC.
While inaugurating the office at Amravati, Satish Soni, joint managing director, MTDC, said, "There would be improved level of awareness and promotion of the destinations in and around Amravati with our new office. This will encourage tour operators and locals to explore the opportunities in tourism and would help in strengthening local economy. We are also looking at promoting bed and breakfast schemes and encouraging people's participation for better tourism."
MTDC has also floated Expressions of Interests for applications to private parties and individuals for offering their properties, bungalows and houses for rentals to the tourists in and around Chikhaldara and Melghat. The information centre at Amravati will provide all information about its various schemes for promotions of tourism and also technical support. With this, MTDC now hopes to increase the number of tourists arrivals in Vidarbh region and tourist destinations around Amravati.