Maharashtra's Vidarbh to get tourism boost
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
The Vidarbh region in Maharashtra is set to receive a major boost in tourism with the opening of new Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) office in Amravati. The Tiger Capital region of Tadoba-Pench sanctuaries in Vidarbh, Melghat and Chikhaldara sanctuaries near Amravati have been the key USPs of MTDC.
While inaugurating the office at Amravati, Satish Soni, joint managing director, MTDC, said, "There would be improved level of awareness and promotion of the destinations in and around Amravati with our new office. This will encourage tour operators and locals to explore the opportunities in tourism and would help in strengthening local economy. We are also looking at promoting bed and breakfast schemes and encouraging people's participation for better tourism."
MTDC has also floated Expressions of Interests for applications to private parties and individuals for offering their properties, bungalows and houses for rentals to the tourists in and around Chikhaldara and Melghat. The information centre at Amravati will provide all information about its various schemes for promotions of tourism and also technical support. With this, MTDC now hopes to increase the number of tourists arrivals in Vidarbh region and tourist destinations around Amravati.
- Cong appoints Harshad scam accused as chief of Mumbai Gujarati cell
- Militants kill PDP sarpanch in Valley
- VVIP chopper scam: CBI chief meets envoy in Italy
- In final run, Mavericks first hurdle for Spurs
- Injuries to Neymar, Alba add to Barcelona’s woes
- Rani Jhansi flyover: HC notices to civic body, Railways