Mahendra Singh Dhoni's elder brother is Samajwadi Party candidate from Ranchi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Narendra Singh Dhoni, the elder brother of Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will contest from the Ranchi Lok Sabha seat on a Samajwadi Party ticket in the 2014 general elections.
"The SP's Central Committee has announced Narendra Singh Dhoni's candidature from the Ranchi LS seat," the party's Jharkhand affairs in-charge and ex-MLC in the Uttar Pradesh bicameral, Kashinath Yadav, said on Wednesday.
Narendra Singh Dhoni, who recently joined the SP in Lucknow and was present at the press conference, said he had taken his family's consent before joining the party.
"Soon after joining the BJP in 2009, I left because the party did not know how to respect its workers. The SP respects both its leaders and workers," claimed the elder Dhoni.