Mahendra Singh Tikait dead
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Narendra Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath Singh heads to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- AAP releases sixth list; Tribal activist Soni Sori and Shazia Ilmi get tickets
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Bharatiya Kisan Union President Mahendra Singh Tikait died here this morning due to protracted illness from cancer. He was 76.
Tikait, who also served as the council head of Baliyan Khap, was suffering from bone cancer since a year and died at his son's residence here, family sources said.
Scores of people, mostly farmers, paid tributes to the senior farmer leader. His cremation would be held tomorrow at BKU headquarters in Sisauli.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- I skiI skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports