Mahesh Bhatt wants to make TV show with fresh content
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
With movie industry bigwigs like Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Anurag Kashyap foraying into television, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt is set to enter the medium again with a show.
In the 90s, Bhatt had made an English TV show 'A Mouthful of Sky' and popular serial 'Swabhimaan'. He also directed another TV series, 'Kabhie Kabhie', which was written by Kashyap.
"There are plans to foray into television again next year. There are certain things that are being discussed. We are partnering with Star," Bhatt told PTI.
Anil entered the TV space as a producer and actor with the recently concluded show '24'. Kashyap and Bachchan are also teaming up for a show. Veteran actress Jaya Bachchan too will be acting in a daily soap.
Bhatt's show is apparently going to be a family drama, but he refused to divulge any of its details, saying it is too early to talk about the concept of the show.
"TV is a growing medium, its reach is far more today. We want to bring something worthy... A new content on TV," Bhatt said.