Mahesh Bhatt wants to make TV show with fresh content
- Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM": L K Advani
- 'Shahzada' and 'Matashree' are only concerned about being in power, says Modi; Sonia harps on secularism
- Supreme Court commutes death penalty of Devinderpal Singh Bhullar to life term
- Arun Jaitley rules out Modi's apology on 2002 Gujarat riots
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh is India's "weakest PM", says Advani; Modi has 'deep flaws' in his character, says Chidambaram
With movie industry bigwigs like Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Anurag Kashyap foraying into television, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt is set to enter the medium again with a show.
In the 90s, Bhatt had made an English TV show 'A Mouthful of Sky' and popular serial 'Swabhimaan'. He also directed another TV series, 'Kabhie Kabhie', which was written by Kashyap.
"There are plans to foray into television again next year. There are certain things that are being discussed. We are partnering with Star," Bhatt told PTI.
Anil entered the TV space as a producer and actor with the recently concluded show '24'. Kashyap and Bachchan are also teaming up for a show. Veteran actress Jaya Bachchan too will be acting in a daily soap.
Bhatt's show is apparently going to be a family drama, but he refused to divulge any of its details, saying it is too early to talk about the concept of the show.
"TV is a growing medium, its reach is far more today. We want to bring something worthy... A new content on TV," Bhatt said.
- Modi has “deep flaws” in his character: Chidambaram
- Nigerian uprising kills 1,500 in 2014: Amnesty
- Sonakshi tweets to campaign for father Shatrughan
- Mamata attacks BJP, reiterates TMC will play vital role in govt formation
- AAP nominee against Khurshid quits, claims corruption in party
- MP: Sushma Swaraj, Kamal Nath, Jyotiraditya Scindia among heavyweights in LS poll ring