Mahesh Bhupathi-Michael Llodra in quarters of Dubai ATP event
- China has deployed more troops near Indian border, says Pentagon
- Delhi court takes cognizance of chargesheet filed against RK Pachauri in sexual harassment case
- Congress trying to settle political scores through campuses: Smriti Irani
- Violence mars Jharkhand, over 550 people arrested during bandh protesting domicile policy
- Malegaon blasts: ATS cited Sadhvi's phone call, strategy meeting and a bike, NIA rejected all
Mahesh Bhupathi and Michael Llodra advanced to the quarter-finals of the ATP Dubai Tennis championships with a straight-sets win over Serbian pair of Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki, here.
The unseeded Indo-French team defeated the Serbian rivals 6-3 6-3 in the opening round of the USD 1,785,500 hard court event.
They next face Polish fourth seeded pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajeev Ram had also reached the quarter-finals after shocking second seeds Jean-Julien Roger and Aisam-ul Haq Qureshi in their opening round.
Somdev Devvarman had bowed out of the singles event after suffering defeat at the hands of world number seven Argentine Jual Martin del Potro.
Bopanna and Ram are now up against Victor Hanescu of Romania and Czech Lukas Rosol.
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure
- An Adivasi’s view of the new domicile policy in Jharkhand
- Government policies have become an assault on Delhi’s architectural heritage
- Cleaning the Ganga will need sustained effort, constant vigilance
- Education is confused with certification