Mahesh Bhupathi-Michael Llodra in quarters of Dubai ATP event
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Mahesh Bhupathi and Michael Llodra advanced to the quarter-finals of the ATP Dubai Tennis championships with a straight-sets win over Serbian pair of Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki, here.
The unseeded Indo-French team defeated the Serbian rivals 6-3 6-3 in the opening round of the USD 1,785,500 hard court event.
They next face Polish fourth seeded pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajeev Ram had also reached the quarter-finals after shocking second seeds Jean-Julien Roger and Aisam-ul Haq Qureshi in their opening round.
Somdev Devvarman had bowed out of the singles event after suffering defeat at the hands of world number seven Argentine Jual Martin del Potro.
Bopanna and Ram are now up against Victor Hanescu of Romania and Czech Lukas Rosol.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness