Mahesh Bhupathi-Michael Llodra in quarters of Dubai ATP event
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Mahesh Bhupathi and Michael Llodra advanced to the quarter-finals of the ATP Dubai Tennis championships with a straight-sets win over Serbian pair of Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki, here.
The unseeded Indo-French team defeated the Serbian rivals 6-3 6-3 in the opening round of the USD 1,785,500 hard court event.
They next face Polish fourth seeded pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajeev Ram had also reached the quarter-finals after shocking second seeds Jean-Julien Roger and Aisam-ul Haq Qureshi in their opening round.
Somdev Devvarman had bowed out of the singles event after suffering defeat at the hands of world number seven Argentine Jual Martin del Potro.
Bopanna and Ram are now up against Victor Hanescu of Romania and Czech Lukas Rosol.