Mahesh Bhupathi-Michael Llodra in quarters of Dubai ATP event
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
Mahesh Bhupathi and Michael Llodra advanced to the quarter-finals of the ATP Dubai Tennis championships with a straight-sets win over Serbian pair of Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki, here.
The unseeded Indo-French team defeated the Serbian rivals 6-3 6-3 in the opening round of the USD 1,785,500 hard court event.
They next face Polish fourth seeded pair of Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
Rohan Bopanna and his American partner Rajeev Ram had also reached the quarter-finals after shocking second seeds Jean-Julien Roger and Aisam-ul Haq Qureshi in their opening round.
Somdev Devvarman had bowed out of the singles event after suffering defeat at the hands of world number seven Argentine Jual Martin del Potro.
Bopanna and Ram are now up against Victor Hanescu of Romania and Czech Lukas Rosol.
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU
- Why the proposal to build a new Parliament building is a bit jolting
- AIR’s decision to share its rich archives through an online radio station is welcome
- Asset sales are the way for govt to protect credibility while avoiding procyclical fiscal stance
- Who killed Rohith Vemula?