Mahesh Bhupathi-Rohan Bopanna crash out of Madrid Open
Indian Challenge ended at the Madrid Open with the straight set defeat of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna at the hands of unseeded team of Jeremy Chardy and Lukas Kubot, here.
An off-colour Indian team squandered all the six points it earned in the second set to suffer a 2-6 4-6 defeat against the French-Polish combo in the quarterfinals of the euro 4,303,867 clay court tournament.
The Indians could win just 38 points to 62 of their rivals.
Leander Paes and his Austrian partner Jurgen Melzer had lost in the second round to Tommy Haas and Radek Stepanek.
In the women's event, running simultaneously, Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands had also lost in the second round.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota