Mahindra & Mahindra sells 75,000 units of XUV500 in 2 years
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Home grown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra today said it has sold over 75,000 units of its global sports utility vehicle XUV500 in just over two years since its launch.
Mahindra & Mahindra is the top most player in the SUV segment in the country.
"We are overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response from customers to the XUV500 that has led to impressive sales of more than 75,000 vehicles in just over two years since its launch. This is a benchmark for sales among high-end SUVs," Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd's automotive division chief executive Pravin Shah said in a release.
Launched in September 2011, the XUV500 was designed entirely in-house at Mahindra's state-of-the-art research and development facility, Mahindra Research Valley, in Chennai.
Upbeat over the massive response to XUV500 from the customers, the auto maker recently launched the entry level 'W4' model, powered by the mHawk 140 bhp engine, of its high-end SUV at an attractive price of Rs 10.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun