Mahindra & Mahindra sells 75,000 units of XUV500 in 2 years
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Home grown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra today said it has sold over 75,000 units of its global sports utility vehicle XUV500 in just over two years since its launch.
Mahindra & Mahindra is the top most player in the SUV segment in the country.
"We are overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response from customers to the XUV500 that has led to impressive sales of more than 75,000 vehicles in just over two years since its launch. This is a benchmark for sales among high-end SUVs," Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd's automotive division chief executive Pravin Shah said in a release.
Launched in September 2011, the XUV500 was designed entirely in-house at Mahindra's state-of-the-art research and development facility, Mahindra Research Valley, in Chennai.
Upbeat over the massive response to XUV500 from the customers, the auto maker recently launched the entry level 'W4' model, powered by the mHawk 140 bhp engine, of its high-end SUV at an attractive price of Rs 10.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).