Mahindra & Mahindra working on four vehicle platforms
- Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Following the success of XUV 500, Mahindra Research Valley (MRV), the R&D wing of Mahindra & Mahindra, is working on four new platforms, including utility vehicles (UVs), sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and small & light commercial vehicles (LCVs). All the platforms are expected to be ready by 2015 and based on these, vehicles are expected to start rolling out in 2016, according to Pawan Goenka, executive director (automotive & farm equipment), M&M.
Goenka said, "We have already started working on these platforms. We are the leaders in the UV segment and these new platforms will enable us to maintain our leadership position going forward. We want to ensure that we have good products in the sub-segment of our existing line ups, of course, entirely in new platforms."
On the new launches, Goenka said that they are looking at a new LCV targeting the range of products of Tata Motors by 2016. "Every time we launched a new product, we learnt that we need to have more products no matter what sub-segments they would fall in," he added.