Mahindra 2 Wheelers to launch 3 bikes
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi to face Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi and Madhusudan Mistry in Vadodara
- Sealed envelope contains 'serious allegations', Srinivasan must step down for fair probe, says SC
- After eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varansi
- Rajnath Singh counters Sushma Swaraj, says decision on Jaswant Singh taken by CEC
- IM Indian commander Tehseen Akhtar arrested, India calls it a 'huge success against terror'
Mahindra 2 Wheelers today inaugurated its two-wheeler research and development centre at Pune that was set up at an investment of Rs 100 crore.
From the centre, the company unveiled two indigenously developed engines -- a 110 cc and a 300 cc liquid cooled one.
The company also announced to launch three new motorcycles during this financial year.
"The new dedicated facility will enable us to harness the technology of the future to create tomorrow's products. It will allow us to design in India, for the discerning Indian consumer," Mahindra Group Vice-Chairman and MD Anand Mahindra said in a statement.
The R&D centre, recognised by Department of Science and Industrial Research (DSIR), will enable Mahindra 2 Wheelers to undertake in-house design and development of engine technology for its motorcycles, the company said.
"Home to over 175 engineers and designers, the new Mahindra 2 Wheelers R&D facility was created at an investment of about Rs 100 crore and has two-wheeler experts, who are leading various technology and product development projects," it added.
The new Duro DZ and the recently launched Rodeo RZ with the new 'Z' series engine were developed at this facility, the company said.
Commenting on new products, Mahindra 2 Wheelers President Anoop Mathur said: "I am also happy to announce that Mahindra 2 Wheelers is set to launch three new motorcycles in this financial year."
He, however, did not share other details such engine capacities and prices.
- Indian Mujahideen operative’s trainer suspected to be same man named by Headley
- Cong won’t contest Mainpuri, Kannauj
- ‘It seems like a re-birth, I never expected to see my family again’
- Dev’s rape analogy draws widespread criticism
- Nigerian murdered by compatriot in Kondhwa society
- Pune’s TDR king lists assets worth mere Rs 4.5 crore, has no vehicle