Mahindra 2 Wheelers to launch 3 bikes
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Mahindra 2 Wheelers today inaugurated its two-wheeler research and development centre at Pune that was set up at an investment of Rs 100 crore.
From the centre, the company unveiled two indigenously developed engines -- a 110 cc and a 300 cc liquid cooled one.
The company also announced to launch three new motorcycles during this financial year.
"The new dedicated facility will enable us to harness the technology of the future to create tomorrow's products. It will allow us to design in India, for the discerning Indian consumer," Mahindra Group Vice-Chairman and MD Anand Mahindra said in a statement.
The R&D centre, recognised by Department of Science and Industrial Research (DSIR), will enable Mahindra 2 Wheelers to undertake in-house design and development of engine technology for its motorcycles, the company said.
"Home to over 175 engineers and designers, the new Mahindra 2 Wheelers R&D facility was created at an investment of about Rs 100 crore and has two-wheeler experts, who are leading various technology and product development projects," it added.
The new Duro DZ and the recently launched Rodeo RZ with the new 'Z' series engine were developed at this facility, the company said.
Commenting on new products, Mahindra 2 Wheelers President Anoop Mathur said: "I am also happy to announce that Mahindra 2 Wheelers is set to launch three new motorcycles in this financial year."