Mahindra 2 Wheelers to launch 3 bikes
- SC orders completion of trail of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
Mahindra 2 Wheelers today inaugurated its two-wheeler research and development centre at Pune that was set up at an investment of Rs 100 crore.
From the centre, the company unveiled two indigenously developed engines -- a 110 cc and a 300 cc liquid cooled one.
The company also announced to launch three new motorcycles during this financial year.
"The new dedicated facility will enable us to harness the technology of the future to create tomorrow's products. It will allow us to design in India, for the discerning Indian consumer," Mahindra Group Vice-Chairman and MD Anand Mahindra said in a statement.
The R&D centre, recognised by Department of Science and Industrial Research (DSIR), will enable Mahindra 2 Wheelers to undertake in-house design and development of engine technology for its motorcycles, the company said.
"Home to over 175 engineers and designers, the new Mahindra 2 Wheelers R&D facility was created at an investment of about Rs 100 crore and has two-wheeler experts, who are leading various technology and product development projects," it added.
The new Duro DZ and the recently launched Rodeo RZ with the new 'Z' series engine were developed at this facility, the company said.
Commenting on new products, Mahindra 2 Wheelers President Anoop Mathur said: "I am also happy to announce that Mahindra 2 Wheelers is set to launch three new motorcycles in this financial year."
He, however, did not share other details such engine capacities and prices.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress