Mahindra Holidays buys HP resort
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd (MHRIL), part of diversified business conglomerate Mahindra Group, has acquired a 80 room resort 'The Destination' near Shimla for an undisclosed sum.
The company has acquired the resort by purchasing 100 per cent equity share capital of Holiday on Hills Resorts Pvt Ltd, the company said on Friday.
Commenting on the development, MHRIL MD Rajiv Sawhney said: "We are committed to adding to the choice of destinations and expanding the variety of holidays that our members can experience. In the last 10 months our focus on expansion has resulted in an addition of over 780 rooms."
With this acquisition MHRIL the group now has 43 resorts under its umbrella.
While Club Mahindra is the flagship brand of Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India ,the other brands offered by the company are ¿ Zest Breaks, Club Mahindra Fundays and Mahindra.Travel.
Shares of MHRIL today closed at Rs 280.10 per scrip on BSE, down 0.48 per cent from previous close.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18