- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A superb actress
Tabu's interview in Screen issue dated December 28, provided interesting insights into the actor's career. Her choice of films have always remained superior, reflecting her attitude. Driven by content, rather than playing to the gallery, she rightly says that she would rather not work than do films that go against her sensibilities.
Although her role in Life Of Pi was small, she made an impact, having associated with a film-maker of the calibre of Ang Lee. I am a very big fan of Tabu and eagerly await to watch all her films. I sincerely hope that she continues to do good quality driven films and we get to watch her more often on celluloid.
Maria Joseph |Mumbai
Numero uno Khan
The expectations are sky-high from any Salman Khan film nowadays as he has raised the bar with his films touching such huge figures at the box office. No doubt anything that Salman touches becomes gold at the boxoffice. Dabangg 2 has just gone on to prove that he is the undisputed No. 1 ranked star, leaving his rivals (Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan) way behind. Now the big question is: How long will he stay on the top? He faces stiff competition from Aamir, who has two big films — Yash Raj's Dhoom 3 and Raj Kumar Hiranis P.K — this year. Another actor in the reckoning is Hrithik. He has Krrish 3 releasing this year, and the trade is already predicting that the film has the potential to break all box office records till now. So, while the battle for supremacy is between these three actors, SRK might just emerge the dark horse with Chennai Express and Happy New Year slated to release this year. For Hindi cinema, the year, is in for some fiery face-offs between the quartet!
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase