- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Screen was such a treat for the eyes in the last issue, Stars & Stripes (25 January, 2013). Not only was it completely starry parade, but also worth reading what the winners had to say about bagging a Screen award this year. And this year has seen an ecelectic mix of actors winning the Screen award, and not just the popular stars. It's interesting to note the reactions as the recurrent emotion thoughout was the same — winning the award was special because the nominees this year were all good. From Vidya Balan, Ranbir Kapoor to costume designer Anaita Shroff Adajani, all said the same thing. Also noticed that Screen was the first one to set the tone for the awards this season, as most of the names like the film Irrfan Khan and Richa Chadda were awarded at Screen Awards first.
A year of loss
The year (2012) gone by proved very unfortunate for the Hindi film industry. The industry lost six of its top celebrities who had a long association with the profession. Music director Ravi Shankar, actor Joy Mukherji, wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, superstar Rajesh Khanna, character actor A. K. Hangal and producer-director Yash Chopra were renowned in their respective fields. The film industry is surely going to miss these stalwarts.
Anil R Torne |Pune