Main accused in abduction, rape of minor girl arrested
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The main accused in the case of abduction and rape of a 15-year-old Dalit girl has been arrested, police said in Monday.
Sources said the accused, Jagmeet Singh, who was on Sunday discharged from hospital where he was admitted after allegedly consuming poison, is now in police custody.
The minor was last Thursday allegedly abducted by three persons from Matta village and raped by one of them in the Jaito area of the district.
Later, on the basis of a complaint filed by the girl, a student of class X, a case was registered against the trio identified as Jagmeet, Jagseer Singh and Sukhchain Singh.
Jagmeet, the main accused, however, could not be taken into custody since he was admitted in a serious condition at the Guru Gobind Singh Medical College for reportedly having consumed poison.
Although police arrested Jagseer on January 5, the third accused, Sukhchain, is still absconding.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress