Maj Gen Nair is new AFMC dean
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Major General Velu Nair, an alumni of the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), has returned to his alma mater as Dean and Deputy Commandant. He replaces Maj Gen M Luthra who has been posted to the South Western Command Headquarters after his tenure at AFMC ended.
Maj Gen Nair is an alumni who graduated from AFMC in 1977. After taking an MD in Medicine from AFMC he was selected to pursue post doctoral fellowship in Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at Christian Medical College, Vellore and Kings College & Hospital, London.
He is also visiting professor to Stanford University and Stanford Medical Centre in the US. Maj Gen Nair is an authority in Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine and has numerous scientific publications and awards to his credit.