Maj Gen Nair is new AFMC dean
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
Major General Velu Nair, an alumni of the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), has returned to his alma mater as Dean and Deputy Commandant. He replaces Maj Gen M Luthra who has been posted to the South Western Command Headquarters after his tenure at AFMC ended.
Maj Gen Nair is an alumni who graduated from AFMC in 1977. After taking an MD in Medicine from AFMC he was selected to pursue post doctoral fellowship in Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation at Christian Medical College, Vellore and Kings College & Hospital, London.
He is also visiting professor to Stanford University and Stanford Medical Centre in the US. Maj Gen Nair is an authority in Haematology, Bone Marrow Transplant and Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine and has numerous scientific publications and awards to his credit.